Today was a bad mood day for me. It didn’t start off that way, I was quiet in the morning by not in a bad mood. And then Gender & Society paper happened which reminded that I still haven’t “reserved” a project topic for myself and if I don’t hurry up with it, there won’t be anything good left but then again I don’t really want to hurry up with it and just settle for something that I’m not all that interested in… So any ideas, people? Something to do with women in the Indian subcontinent (and no, I can’t do Sex Trafficking. I really wanted to, but guess what? Somebody else is already doing it…)
And then we had another lecture which was SUPPOSED to be Social Theory but our teacher ordered us to go to the A.V. Hall and apparently the Second Year students would be there too… Oh great. So it’s going to be a presentation on something. And then it turned about to be an NGO that works in the area of Leprosy in
And then, the same lecturer who was supposed to be teaching us Social Theory wasted an entire lecture distributed forms to collect above mentioned money. Seriously, we’re supposed to be University students. The first two years were like a joke and I’ve been waiting to get to this year thinking that we might actually do some really serious stuff and the syllabus looks very taxing, promising and interesting (Karl Marx, Max Weber, French Revolution, Emile Durkheim, etc, etc…) but here we are not learning ANYTHING and if it’s true what our seniors said, the rest of the year doesn’t look so great either at least with this lecturer…
Anyway, at least I know what we’re supposed to be learning so if anyone is not going to teach me, I can at least read up stuff myself. So it has to be up to me.
So basically it wasn’t a great morning but then I had to conduct Photography Team interviews with my fellow-coordinators at 4pm and that was fun! It’s nice being on the other side and having all this insider information! :P
But the best part was the train-ride back. Thankfully, I managed to get an Andheri-bound train just as I entered the station (love how God pays attention to little details!) and I entered banging my head away to Brooke Fraser. I got a seat but I was too bouncy so I went and stood by the door and then my MP3 battery died and after failed attempts to try and revive it, I just gave up and went to claim an empty seat and read C.S. Lewis. Except that I never got around to reading at all because next to me was sitting a middle-aged lady who was… CROSS-STITCHING!
Now, I’m really not the kind of person who strikes up a conversation with strangers generally because I am an intrinsically shy person and my social skills are pretty pathetic but I just could not pass up this opportunity. So I asked her, “Where do you get this material from?” Although I knew pretty well where she probably got it from by deduction – she must live in Andheri – everyone tells me about this place near the station – has to be Natco. And sure enough, it was Natco but anyway, I had my ice breaker and I told her how I really like cross-stitching too and the coolest bit is how as the conversation went on, we kept finding so many common grounds between us. Andheri.
What a blessing! I was literally smiling ear-to-ear as I walked home. I just love it how seemingly insignificant little details come together and make a story!
Your Mercies Are New Every Morning.
4 comments:
c'est la vie. La belle vie. (I literally translate, so :P )
TRAINS! THEM LOCAL TRAINS! Oh, they're divine, the connections people make there!
Three cheers to random conversations!
I'm so glad you didn't pass up the opportunity. And wow, what connections!
And see, see, your local train time was an odd number! They're good to you, they're always good to you :)
what a beautiful post! Tinu didi, you are awe-inspiring. love u so much xxx
Post a Comment