Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Oh-Happy-Day!

Yesterday was lovely. Really really lovely. It started off with my fun-aunt arriving from Calcutta to stay with us for a week and then after "breakfast" I headed off braving the hot sun, dusty and ridiculously crowded Bangalore streets to get to Brigade road for the "mico-mini re-union"!Like Taryn said, there was Cha, Jonny and us two and it was just so fabulous catching up! We ordered our drinks and Jonny and I had waffles with ice-cream and there was non-stop chatter... Jonny's just back from a year abroad in Egypt where he's been learning arabic so he had lots of interesting stories to tell and we (the girls) proceeded to make him jealous about the fact that we're already through (Taz and Cha) or almost through (just 1 more year for me!!) with college while he still has 2 more years to go! Muahahaha! :PAnyway, after about 2-3 hours of that, we finally paid up, got a little camera-happy -especially me, I took about a million with Jonny's Nikon D-SLR! Nothing special, I was just getting such a kick out of messing around with the settings and just hearing the sound of that *click*!- and then headed to pick up some subs from Subway before Jonny got on his way up to Ooty...

After that, Taryn and I walked to Commercial St. in search of embroidery thread (Taz wanted it for making friendship bands and I wanted them to continue my cross-stitching madness!) and after a little asking around, there we were, in Thread-Heaven disguised as a tiny little shop tucked away in some obscure little alleyway. Seriously, you should have seen this place, they had drawers after drawers of threads! Each drawer had various shades of a single colour and we pretty much gasped and squealed every time he opened the next drawer!

We came back home (Taz stayed over) and visited D and Dada for a little while and then came home, blogged, ate dinner(Ma's biriyani!) and dessert (Gooey brownies with Ice-cream!) and then proceeded to sleep-deprive ourselves by staying up till 2:30am - so much to talk about, so little time!!

Yep, so yesterday was pretty much perfect :) Even though Taz and I generally only get to catch up once a year despite living in the same country, it's so easy to just pick up where we left off! Taz and I joined Hebron the same year, were the two new girls in our room, went through home sickness together for the first few weeks, even devised master "escape plans" while lying on the trampoline together at night and talking about our "dream-guys" :P.... I can't believe it's been almost 8 years since then!!

Life is cool.

Thank YOU for this gift - life in abundance!!

2 comments:

Sonal said...

PIU!
I WANT TO HAVE FUN TIMES WITH US ALL.

I return on the 5th. :(
Home is good, thought this contradicts my 1st statement.

anne said...

you guys look GREAT!! wish I could have been there!