Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Another long weekend...

Back to the grind tomorrow. Today is Dussera which is a pubilc holiday which is always good when it's a monday cause it means you get a long weekend. Weekends are the best because I get to sleep in but not really for any other other reason. I'm happy on weekdays cause I'm busy and I get to see my friends but anyway, this weekend has been full and interesting!

Today, Antu and I went to Sonu's place in Kandivli and watched Dirty Dancing as a sort of 'tribute' to Patrick Swayze. I remember watching this movie in Std. 12 and we were all pretty crazy about it. We would have dancing sessions in my room to Do You Love Me. Ah, those were the days! ;)

Yesterday I went to the Art Expo 2009 at the Nehru Centre in Worli. It was pretty awesome. It was basically like an exhibition of different art galleries from around India but there were some other exhibits too. There was this whole section on Jawaharlal Nehru with all these old photographs of the freedom struggle and Independence Day which was really fascinating. It was like walking through history and I learnt a whole lot.

I also met two fellow Hebronites there. Both of them graduated wayyy before me but thanks to Facebook... Anyway, so one of them happens to be a celebrity now (Kalki Koechlin, she acted in the film Dev D) and it was pretty interesting just listening to her talk about this world of Bollywood and modelling that I have pretty limited knowledge about. I kind of felt out of place but she was nice and she even gave me a lift after we left from there...

And then I took the long commute back home and had a nice long phone conversation with Taryn (in Delhi)and had a Skype date with Natasha (in the US) around midnight and wrote in my diary about how thankful I am to have such wonderful friends. Friends who are so good at listening and make you feel like you are as important to them as they are to you. Friends who have been there for 8 years...

And then I gave in to sleep. As I am about to do now.

Toodles.

1 comment:

Dinah said...

I know what you mean! I have one such friend, Naina - my best friend since 7th Std, 17 yrs now!!