Only if you live in Bombay, will you know how much of a relief this is.
In the last two weeks or so, Bombay has turned into one big oven.
It's
SO
freaking
HOT!

Today after we were done with classes, Sharan and I took a bus to go to the American Centre Library and we were pretty much roasting in there and coming back home in the afternoon is the most dreadful part of the day. For one, you never get cabs willing to go to the station for some mysterious reason and buses are so crowded that there are people literally hanging out of them. Ok, so somehow we finally make it to the station and if we're really lucky we might get a place to sit and if we're just lucky then you might get a place to stand. It baffles me sometimes. How? How are there just SO MANY PEOPLE in this city? And how am I still alive? :)
Alive and kicking.
Thank God for new mercies every morning.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower
and bread for the eater.
So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
-- Isaiah 55:10-11
1 comment:
Today was SO much fun. I JUST got home after the concert -- I'm so tired, I hope I can make it to college tomorrow...
Post a Comment