Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Good and the Bad.

:) I enjoyed another awesome theatre experience yesterday. Jo and I went to the NCPA to watch Ismat Apaa Ke Naam (II); another production by Naseerudin Shah’s theatre group – Motley. It was brilliant, albeit a little difficult to understand because it was in Urdu which is quite similar to hindi but not the same. The play is basically three short stories written by Ismat Chugtai which has been converted into a play form by Shah.

:( I have a 7am class tomorrow and we had almost four hours of non-stop classes this afternoon. so. tiring

:) Thanks to all the extra classes there seems to be some hope of a short break in October after all. Nothing is confirmed yet, but there is hope…

:) I came home and found a surprise! My darling friend Niru who lives in Melbourne sent me flowers and a box of chocolates… just like that. Because she loves me. Isn’t that sweet? Totally made my day.

:( My laptop is acting funny again… more signs of its imminent death... :(

:) Tomorrow is the last day of my internet bill cycle.

:) I actually had time to go to the American Centre Library this week and return my book. It was a few days late but the nice librarian didn't penalize me for it and I got two new books to read: the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon and Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. This library is actually one of my favourite places in the city and I can't believe I only got to take advantage of it in my last (hopefully? maybe? who knows?) year in Bombay. The paranoid security on the outside can be a turn-off but once you get inside, it's just wonderful. I can spend hours at this place...

:( I need to be off and write notes on Talcott Parsons and Robert Merton...

Toodles!

No comments: