Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Little Joys.


I was re-reading Taryn's post on my blog this summer and was reminded of this note that I'd sent out on Facebook asking people to write down 5 of their favourite things:
Little things that make me happy:
  1. Walking on grass/sand/mud barefeet
  2. Watching the stars
  3. Dancing (salsa!)
  4. Wedding photos
  5. Afternoon naps (especially during exam-time ;))
What about you?
List five things that make you happy and pass it on.
I went back to read it and it's so uplifting! Here are some of my favourites from what people wrote:
  • Looking at pictures of my childhood (Ribhu)
  • Letters from friends - I re-read them (Sushi)
  • Coloured straws. They're so bright and colourful how can you not be happy when drinking with them? Or... at the thought of drinking with them... YAY pink straws! :P (Alisha)
  • Movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's (Sharan)
  • Eating pani puri (Siddharth)
  • Finding old photographs in the most unexpected places (Adrian)
  • Babies/baby pictures (Sonu)
  • The way my hair smells after the shower (Alva)
  • Fresh laundry (Abi)
  • Long car rides with good company and familiar music playing (Taryn)
  • The weather before a HEAVY downpour - crazy winds (Dinah)
So what about you?
Do tell! (If you answered on Facebook, I'm sure you can still think of another five!)
I'm adding one more: Converse Shoes.

Photo credits:
1.
summer: my barefeet in the grass, 2. Toesies 2, 3. Untitled, 4. Up Where They Play, 5. Would you like to dance salsa?, 6. Day One Hundred, 7. Pani Puri Lunch! (365-126), 8. Omaggio a Audrey Hepburn semplicemente divina!, 9. Wash Day, 10. Guitar, 11. Baby C in the Teacup, 12. - Mail Day!! -, 13. Candy straws, 14. Congratulations Missy and Charlie!, 15. Day 90/365

1 comment:

Shaon said...

1. the smell of old books
2. waking up happy
3. rainy days, steaming cups of tea, Test Cricket on the telly
4. homemade Mazoe ice lollies :)
5. lying in bed at 3am with all the lights turned off, listening to "Jashn-e-Bahaara" on repeat until sleep takes over