
TZP - I am a fan!
Amir Khan, I love you for making such a wonderful film.
I don't think I've cried so much in any film. (Sharan, did you cry?) It was mildly embarassing cause by the time I came out my whole face was dry, my nose red, my kajal had disappeared, and my hair was also messy so I was looking like a worse version of the just-out-of-bed look. But I loved it - the movie that is. It's such an important film especially for Indian parents to watch. What we lack is awareness and this movie does just that - increasing awareness - in such a beautiful way.
Again, I love Amir Khan. And I loved his character in the movie even more. Coming out of your own difficult past to help others is really something.
I am inspired. I want to DO something to change the way the education system in this country works. Maybe I'll open a school someday where kids have a whole lot of fun even in the way they are studying and every teacher will be like Amir in the movie. There will be singing and dancing and art... Mmmmmm, I like the thought of that. There's something worth doing...
Khul ke soche aao,
Pankh zara phailaao
Rang naye bikhrao
Chalo chalo chalo chalo
Naye khwaab bun le
(So free your mind
Spread your wings
In a riot of colour
Come on
Let's spin new dreams)
- From the song 'Bum Bum Bole - Taare Zameen Par)
Anyway, I better be off. I'm going to have a small Hebby (+ desi) re-union today! Tashu and Taryn. I can't wait!!
2 comments:
I cried like mad during Rang De Basanti!! Sush and I //bawled// like babies. (and she's not even Indian!!)
Ack, the T's meet! I am so insanely jealous :(
xxx
I cried! Like crazy! And I DONt regret that...I think EVERYONE who went for this movie did cry. Vini's friend Yohaan said that if one is human, one couldnt help crying. I soo agree.
Sigh. I was just thinking about the fun we had at MoodI. Pics soon!
Love,
Sharan
Post a Comment