Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

What do stars do?

You know when I said, I know little about love?
Well, that wasn't true. I know a lot about love.
I've seen it. I've seen centuries and centuries of it. It was the only thing that made watching your world bearable.
All those wars, pain and lies, hate, made me want to turn away and never look down again.
But to see the way that mankind loves...
You could search the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional, but I also know that love can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and well, strangely easy to mistake for loathing and what... I'm trying to say... Tristan, is that I think I love you!
My heart, it feels like.... well, my chest can barely contain it, like it doesn't belong to me anymore.

- The Star tells Tristan, from the movie Stardust.

This is my favourite scene from the movie. I LOVE the movie! It's fantastical, magical, beautiful, funny - one of those fantasy movie you must watch. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it.

This scene also reminded me of the first song we sang in the Carol Service last Sunday...

One candle light another,
Then there are two,
Soon there are four,
Why can't we love one another?
Till there is peace,
And hate is no more.

Human capacity to love really is great and it is beautiful. So why can't we love one another? Imagine the power of love if it could wipe out hatred and bring peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a powrful dialogue that is. Its so real. It comes out from the depths of his heart. Now I really have to watch it..

I love the new look! The banner...is amazing!!!!!! Especially the star, yes..

Abt the sms..I'm always without balance, so I know how it feels to not be able to reply :P so dont worry abt it :)

Love you.

sharan