Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

The eyes of the Beholder

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” - Ivan Panin (Russian Mathematician 1855 - 1942)


Give thanks:

  • For the auto driver who drops me off safely home at 9 pm after a dance rehearsal and gives me back my change to the paise.
  • For the rain that graces us with its life-sustaining power.
  • For teachers who inspire you to be all that you can be.
  • For the beauty of Indian forms of dance (classical, NOT Bollywood).
  • For music that relieves the stress in your shoulders and dares you to dream.
  • For people who leave comments on your blog [*hint hint*] :)
  • For my grandmother who cooks for me.
  • For the many complex branches of my very large extended family. It’s absolutely fascinating and I have met many wonderful people through it.
  • For a bed to curl up in every night.
  • For an alarm clock with a snooze button – I would have missed many (more) 8 o’clock lectures if it weren’t for your constantly accelerating shrill ring at every 5 minutes in the morning! [thanks G’n’G – best birthday present ever]
  • For movies like “Dark Knight” that make you think.
  • For good conversation.
  • For cold buttermilk on a hot day.
  • For Bengali food - yum, yum, yum!
  • For God, who has a sense of humour. [What doesn’t kill you makes you funnier - Who said that? I think it was you, Meg.]
Have a great weekend or whatever is left of it! ;)

6 comments:

anne said...

What doesn't kill you makes you funnier.

I didn't really say it, I read it in a book somewhere. It was my Hebron Highlights leavers quote :)

I get it. Feeling like a passive observer. I'm beginning to feel uneasy and angry about it.

Nithya said...

Nice post Piu :) You learn bharatnatyam eh ? Awesome :)

And umm.. I LOVE BENGALI, the language(Tagore and Satyajit Ray influence :)). Please please please do teach me a couple of sentences in Bengali *puppy face*

Shaon said...

such a lovely post. i wonder why we forget about the little happinesses that make every day worth living. thanks for reminding me to remember :)
also, i apologise for my long absence from this beautiful blog. forgive me?

Sharanya said...

Praise the auto wallahs. AND God's sense of humour.

Tina Nandi said...

@ Shaon, I need to remind myself to be grateful for the small things VERY often! and of course I forgive you! :)

@ Nithya, I actually don't do any pure classical form of dance... I'm just doing this one program with a bunch of other girls based on Rabindranath Tagore's songs and poems on Nature. :) What would you like to say in Bengali!? lol, it is a beautiful language.

Nithya said...

"I'm just doing this one program with a bunch of other girls based on Rabindranath Tagore's songs and poems on Nature. :)"

WOW ! WOW! WOW! Khoob Bhalo (This means very good, right? ):D I SO love that language Tina. I ve been wanting to read Tagore's poetry in Bengali, actually :)