Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain On A Tin Roof

-- The world in black and white. This was taken under "vivid colour" setting on my camera btw! That's just how it looked this morning at around 7:25 am on the highway.


-- Early morning traffic. Nothing actually, the cab driver pretty much zoomed away and got us to college in about 35 minutes and was actually apologising and saying that if it wasn't raining he would've gotten there faster!!
-- Caution! This is my favourite photo of the day. All the blurred lines and just look at that red!

As you may have figured out by now... I went to college today! And I didn't do the normal commute routine (local train, BEST bus, etc.) Sonu, Vini and Sharan stayed with me over the weekend (and we had the most amazing conversations about communism, love, God, friends, music, reservations in India, education, history, movies, Beijing Olympics, sociology, etc. AND of course they worked on their presentation and I got to cook for them, which I L-O-V-E) and they had a lot of stuff and it was raining in the morning so instead of walking to the station with all that luggage, we decided to split a cab which would actually cost us less money and time (as compared to 1st class on the train). It was such a welcome change from my usual commute and everything was so GREY! Most people who need to travel that early are college students and they were all on the train so thankfully the roads were pretty empty and we didn't have to experience Bombay's normal killer traffic. Ha!

The clouds were literally "looming" above and I thought it was quite beautiful and so I took out my camera which pretty much lives in my bag nowadays...

Needless to say, its been rainin' all day... The coconut tree outside on of our classrooms was swaying rather precariously. Let's just say that the monsoon came in all its glory today and it looks like it's going to stay with us for a while...

I'm still blowing my nose but I feel much better now.
Laters,
:D
p.s. READ: Definitely one of my favourite blogs.

8 comments:

anne said...

that blog is certainly thought provoking, praise god :)

your link to it is wrong though, have a look at it?

love the photos, don't stop expressing yourself artistically! (i have knitting needles to do mine, lol)

x

Tina Nandi said...

hey thanks for pointing that out meg... its fixed now! they are so in love, don't you think. truly inspiring story...
xo
tina

Sonal said...

Life is unthinkably good.Our conversations are better.And ur food is the best!

Love you tons, piu.

Sharanya said...

LOVE the header. And you.

Tina Nandi said...

@ sonu and sharan:
MUAH!! I am so proud of you guys.
lots of lowe!

Shaon said...

that is such a beautiful blog - thank you for bringing our attention to it. i keep looking at the last picture on the August 10th post (the one where Nate looks like he'd just been crying)...such an incredibly endearing photo.

also, i love the third picture on this post - the red lights are, indeed, incredible.

love you xx

Nithya said...

Brilliant header there Piu :)

bhavini said...

That night gave justice to the length of the word: conversation.

Unforgettable, specially your love. :)