“This is your life, are you who you wanna be?” – Switchfoot
Sometimes I feel like life is just passing me by. I hate routine. Once you get stuck into routine – doing the same thing day in and day out, you sort of forget to notice things.
I feel like I’ve been doing the same things for the past few days… Waking up in the morning thinking I really can’t go to college today; I’m too sleepy, going to the same old classes, eating in the canteen, going to Little Angels or doing some K’scope work, coming home practically dragging my feet while cursing a couple of people on the way for spitting, or peeing or littering the streets and cursing the auto-drivers who come this close to killing me every time I try to cross the street at Andheri Station with dwindling energy levels, changing out of my sweaty clothes as fast as I possibly can, eating something, reading the newspaper (only if they have something good to say on some days cause its just so damn depressing otherwise), watching a couple of episodes of Roswell, eating dinner, surfing the net, watching some more Roswell or listening to some music or studying on those rare occasions… yadda, yadda, yadda.
I haven’t noticed: I can’t remember the last time I sat and had a talk with God, I haven’t spent time with just myself, I haven’t written in my diary for weeks…
I feel like I’m just a passive observer of my own life. I feel like I’m just waiting for something. And if I’m honest with myself, I am. I’m just waiting for something and I feel like my life won’t begin until that happens. But that’s not how it goes. In fact, sometimes when you look too hard, you just don’t see it.
This is your life, are you who you wanna be?
No comments:
Post a Comment