Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It Happened One Afternoon

On the way back from Bandra where Jo, Mads and I indulged in some “retail therapy.”

The autowallah was taking me through some slow moving traffic and then looked back at me and mumbled something incomprehensible with a sorry look and wiped at his face. I didn’t understand a word he said but I nodded my head and smiled. I agree.

Uff yeh garmi*. What to do?

*garmi = heat

On my mind: I am amazed by how some people are willing to give up something of themselves - time, money, effort, etc. - to do something for someone else without any particular reason. Kindness is really a wonderful thing both on the receiving end and also the giving end. Try it.

No comments: