Yesterday, of course I woke up all excited WAITING for the alarms to go! That never happens! And then after trying out about three different outfits, I finally got dressed in my new t-shirt from my darling D and da and head off to class where they sang to me in german and it was all very nice!
In the afternoon, I conveniently landed at Grace's place at around lunch time so we ate yummy korean food and then head off by bus to Deena Nilaya, carrying a basket of grapes and packet of bananas!! We got there and got lost for a while. Had no idea which direction to go and one person would tell us to go this way and the other would tell us to go the other and all of this was in the scorching sun of midday and it is HOT here in Bangalore at the moment!! Anyway, we finally found the place... And I have just realised, that you probably don't know what on earth I am talking about! Oops! Okay, so Deena Nilaya is the name of this convent where they take care of HIV kids. They came to church on Sunday morning and did a little presentation which is how I came to learn about it and I was really interested in going there for a visit so Grace and I went yesterday and spent about two hours there with the babies and toddlers who were absolutely adorable! I was so scared to carry the babies cause they looked sooo fragile and kept saying to myself, "they're sooo small" in absolute disbelief. And the bottom of their feet felt like silk... sigh. It completely baffles me how anyone can abandon a child.
.jpg)
.jpg)
We cut a cake at class today. My friend Doris had her birthday today so we decided to get a cake together. It was really YUM. None left over unfortunately!
.jpg)
Doris and I cutting the cake at the cafe...
everyone in the class
.jpg)
We also made little Valentine's cards in German, put it in a helmet (instead of a hat!) and everyone picked one and read it out. It was hilarious!
.jpg)
So those were the main events of my nineteenth birthday! Lots more to write about but can't really be bothered at the moment!
Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy celebrating Love, not just today, but everyday!
"We love because He loved us first" - 1 John 4 :19
1 comment:
ahaha. she's shorter than you. ahaha!
and hey, guess who has two new posts on her own blog?
love and miss you loads. wish i'd been there to spill cake crumbs everywhere.
Post a Comment