I miss Ooty when it comes to a Sunday cause on Sundays I HAD to go to church and so I always went and the good thing was that it was walking distance but here it’s a choice I have to make and I can't just walk it. I have to choose to inflict upon myself a very not so pretty, long walk and an auto ride to get to church; one where I don’t know anyone at that, and more often than not, I choose not to go. Not because I don’t like church, but mainly it’s the public transport part of it that I hate the most. If I had a bike or a car, I could easily zip to church every Sunday no problem. Anyway, today my conscience caught up with me and kicked me out of bed and Sunday morning laziness and said, “Go to church!”
So I went, and like most times when my conscience tells me to do something, it turned out to be great. I went to a relatively big church, relatively close to my place, but still not walking distance. It was absolutely crowded and decorated for Valentine’s Day like the rest of the city is! I later found out that the decorations were done by these kids from a home run by this German lady for HIV+ kids. They were there and so we got to watch them perform some stuff for us and it was absolutely wonderful… They were really cute kids with huge smiles. The German lady told us a little about her home and ministry and I decided that that’s how I want to celebrate my birthday; with these kids. So hopefully I’ll go out to that place this week.
I had my early birthday dinner last night at this place called 100ft. It was nice. Just us; that’s me, D, dada, Aunty Rachel and Abby. I had a really yum cocktail and the food was also great, not to mention the apple pie and ice cream to end it all… YUM
Tomorrow also is a holiday!!! WAHAY! Actually tomorrow is a bandh; which apparently is a curfew in English incase you were wondering. We have to stock up on movies today cause they’re going to block out all the channels on tv too and we can’t go out of the house between 6 AM and 6 PM. What a life!
That’s about it. Nothing else exciting happening in my life, I think… Oh I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but I got two offers from Aussieland! Still waiting for the other two I applied to in Aus and still waiting for all four in the US. Still don’t know where I will be going to college at the end of this year. Oh, the uncertainty of my life! But I’m cool with that. One day at a time…
More later,
No comments:
Post a Comment