Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, February 16, 2007

reversal theory

So today, I have been inspired by Meg to blog; that is the reverse!
I've been reading this book called "Tuesdays with Morrie" recently. Grace gave it to me on my birthday, and its a great book, more so cause she did little notes and put pictures in it which is fab!
Anyway, basically the book is about an old man who is dying and imparts all his wisdom and the lessons he has learnt from his life unto one of his students and its really quite touching.
Here are some quotes from the book that I underlined:
"But I do know that we are deficient in some way. We are too involved in materialistic things, and they don't satisfy us, the loving relationships we have, the universe around us, we take these things for granted."
"Sometimes, you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you're in the dark, even when you're falling."
"Why are we embarrassed by silence? What comfort do we find in all the noise?"
"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."
"Everyone knows they are going to die, but nobody believes it."
"Love is so supremely important. Love each other or perish."
"There is no experience like having children. That's all."
"Without love, we are birds with broken wings."
I'm off to explore the city of my birth this weekend! Well technically we're going to attend a wedding but there will also be some exploring. Really looking forward to it. Haven't been to Kolkata in so long and have never really done any exploring, I used to hate it! It was much too crowded and polluted and bengali for me, but now, I am much more at peace with all of those things so am glad to be going. Am especially glad to be getting out of THIS city! lol. Nah, I love, no love is too strong a word, I "loke" Bangalore but one just needs a break, you know?!
So I'm off! Will be back next week, with pictures!
Take care all!
Much Love,
:)

No comments: