This term has been pretty crappy. Things seem to be going wrong one after the other. There’s been plenty of fun but very little of work (I know, you're thinking why is she complaining about that!?! But you try not having classes for a month - it's not so fun!) On Tuesday, the teachers’ strike completed a month. A month. Even though only one of the teachers from the Sociology department is on strike, she covers 50% of our syllabus so we haven’t had 50% of our classes for a whole month. This is not at all a good thing because the syllabus is pretty vast and third year flies anyways and so whenever this strike ends (probably next week) we’re going to have to start cramming a whole lot of stuff in very little time.
On top of that; the whole H1N1 scare from Pune has overflowed into
The Domino-effect of all of this is that we’re about 90% not going to get a Diwali-break or a Christmas break this year. Our mid-year exams will be postponed and yesterday our Principal met the K’Scope workforce to tell us that our college festival also has been postponed to November.
Those are the ashes.
The beauty is that I’m going home tomorrow! Home Sweet Home! I’m tired of non-classes and the thought of sitting around not going to college at all for a week is beyond what I can take at this point. So things have been pretty bad – but if it weren’t for the strike I wouldn’t have been able to think about going home even though there are a couple of public holidays coming up.
Also, since I will be in Bangalore I get to go for a wedding this weekend and meet another friend from
So yeah. Beauty from Ashes. And it’s pretty cool when you can actually SEE how things do work out for the good sometimes…
I go to sleep in Mumbai tonight and blog from home in
Toodles!
2 comments:
:)
And yeah, they say the population will touch 30 million by 2013. I can't even imagine that number!
I just realized that you've watched the first two Bourne movies...aweeeesome! I haven;t seen those, but I've seen Ultimatum, and that's like a crash course (that and The Dark Knight) on what good action movies should be like. YAY!
Ha ha ha ha ha...when I read your post title, I assumed it was a post about the Ashes, like cricket! XD But what a beautiful, poetic title. Can't believe your teachers have been on strike for a MONTH! I'm pretty sure teachers in Oz wouldn't dare/get away with that...what a furore it would cause! That also sucks about the Christmas break :(
Fortunately H1N1 is starting to decline in Aus since all the hullaballoo about Vic having, like, 900+ cases. The thing is, you don't really know if you've got it, b/c they're not testing, they're just advising you to stay at home. My brother got it (we think) and had to go home from boarding school (meaning I haven't seen him so I won't catch it) but gosh, it's such an overblown media scare, it's ridiculous.
x
JAG
Post a Comment