Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Go Crazy.

Can you imagine what could happen if we spend just a fraction of the amount of energy, hype and time that goes into ridiculous things on REALLY pressing issues like... ohh… I don’t know… Child trafficking? Global warming? Farmer suicide? Bad governance? Negligence?

I can think of about three ridiculous things off the top of my head that have happened in the last two weeks that the entire nation has totally blown out of proportion:

a) Swine Flu! Yes, I know people are dying. But the same amount of people die of normal flu every year and living in India, you’re much more likely to die of a million other things anyway.


I saw this video on Just A Girl's blog a while back. It's so funny!


b) Shah Rukh Khan being screened at the Newark Liberty International Airport. *Shock. Horror. How DARE they treat him like a normal person!*??!?! Honestly. People. Get a LIFE!

c) Jaswant Singh’s book, Jinnah: India-Partition-Independence, being BANNED in Gujarat and him being EXPELLED from the BJP. What ever happened to freedom of expression? That still IS a basic human right, right?

What is with the world?

No comments: