Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Lee Wedding!

I'm at home! The journey was pretty uneventful, except that I had to wake up and leave the house by 4:45am on Friday morning and it was strange being out so early! The airport was pretty chaotic. I actually flew OUT of Bombay for the first time in a long time so I was a little clueless about how it worked so I had to run around a little to get my bag x-rayed and also get myself to the right gate to get on my plane!

It is really good to be home though. I love this house (so much light and I don't feel like I'm stuck in a time-machine about fifty years ago...) and being with my parents!

Yesterday was pretty eventful. Independence Day for India (and S. Korea!) and I also went for a wedding in the evening! AJ's brother, Phillip got married to a wonderful Indian girl, Grace. AJ was my classmate at Hebron and still is a good friend so his mom kindly sent me an invitation to the wedding! I was not at all expecting to be able to make it because I am technically supposed to be in the middle of term in Bombay but thanks to the recent and unexpected turn of events I happen to be in Bangalore so I went! My lovely sister-in-law, D and another close friend from Hebron, Grace accompanied me and I am so grateful to them for coming!
I think you know Dinah, Grace and Me! The girl in the blue saree is Hanalee - AJ's big sister who lives a rather adventurous life in Iowa! She's a fellow-blogger too and a friend of another blogger friend - Kari in France.

I thought it would take us a long time to get to the venue cause it was pretty far out but by the time we started making our way there after I picked D up from her apartment it was around 3:20pm and we reached half-an-hour early (4:00pm) at the venue! But that was actually a good thing cause we got nice seats near the front.

L: Ruthie, Grace and Hannah
R:The newly-weds - Grace and Phillip who, as you can see, is a LOT taller than his bride! :D
The wedding ceremony was really beautiful. The couple was so incredibly happy it was heart warming! AJ's dad conducted the ceremony and spoke about love and significance of marriage and the 'Lee-ladies' were looking really pretty in ethnic Indian clothes!

AJ was the best-man and did a good job being of service to his brother so he was pretty busy throughout the evening and we didn't really get to talk to him much. He also gave a little speech about Phillip which was really funny and sweet!
Grace, D and I with the bride and bridegroom and AJ.
We enjoyed a yummy dinner and met with the Phil and Grace and the rest of AJ's family and then made our way back home around 8:30pm. I am really glad I got to experience this wedding. It was a long-shot for me to be in Bangalore this weekend but somehow things fell into place... :)
Both Grace and AJ are leaving early Wednesday morning. Grace will be going back to Korea after her long summer-break and AJ will be going back to Iowa but hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them once more before they leave.
More later,
Toodles!

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Thank you for the photos!!

Just a girl said...

Aw, beautiful! I love your dresses/saris (sorry, I'm not sure what they're called...) The full extent of my knowledge of Indian weddings is based on Bend it Like Beckham (ha ha!) and Ben Lee getting married there. Sounds like an amazing ceremony. Maybe I'll put it on my bucket list - attend one Indian wedding. Or, more to the point: attend Sharan's Indian wedding. ;)

x
JAG

Sharanya said...

@ JaG:

*laughs!* Sure thing, girl! I'll get my ass down to Aus before THAT =D =D