Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Maybe I'm Weird.

I'm tired. Gloriously tired.

The teachers' strike that went on in colleges in Maharashtra for more than a month got called off the night I got back from Bangalore! I am so grateful :D


So things are back to normal. Things are very abnormal but I'm loving it! Abnormal because to make up for all the classes that the teachers have missed out, we now have to put in extra hours and maybe I'm weird but I am actually pretty happy about this. We usually have classes till around 1pm but now we'll have to stay back in college till 4pm on some days to have "extra" classes so that we can finish the syllabus before the exams roll in...

Tomorrow we start at 7am! Not really jumping for joy on this one because my commute takes me an hour which means I'd have to wake up around 5am to make it to college on time. Eeks! Waking up early morning is so not my forte. But anyhow at least it's for a class that I enjoy and I actually need to use my brain! :P

Seriously, I am SO HAPPY our teacher is back. She's wonderful... and so funny :) The strike was terrible and took a toll on the students and all that but it's unfortunate that this is what they had to do to get heard!! Their demands were not unreasonable and it's high time that the govt. in India paid more attention to the Education system and everyone in it.

I guess at some point somebody has to make the sacrifice to fight for not only their benefit but also the generations to come. Of course, I can only say this in retrospect. I whined enough when the strike was on but I guess that's the beauty of retrospect. Everything DOES happen for a reason.

Anyhoo, now to writing notes and reading my big fat library book which I have to return next week.

Signing off,
Happy Tina :)

God is sheer beauty,
All generous in love,
Loyal always and ever.
-- Psalm 100:5 (The Message)

No comments: