Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tina didi

Seems like just yesterday I was six years old and I had to refer to all the older girls as didi and the older boys as dada - which are the terms for older sister and older brother in bengali, and to be respectful we were not allowed to call the older ones by their names simply but had to add a dada or a didi at the end of the name respectively. Anyway, now I am the didi!! Seems so wierd, like nothing has changed yet, so much is different, not the way its supposed to be per say.
Yesterday we had some people over for dinner which meant that I had to entertain two six year old girls. Now if you know me well enough you'll know that i'm not very good with kids, but I think I managed these two okay. So I decided that I must show them Sound of Music, which is my absolute favourite movie of all time! If anyone hasn't seen it, shame upon your face!! So I took out the ol' video tape (yes, we still have a VCR in this house) Ofcourse, out of the three of us I was enjoying myself the most, and I somehow managed to keep them interested by singing along the songs a little funnily. I've watched that movie so many times, and it still manages to captivate me.

Anyway, so here are some photos I took with them which also amused them very much. They were absolutely fascinated by the wonderful timer on my camera.

This darling goes by the name Resham and she is showing off her drawing in this picture.

Me and the girlies. The one in pink is called Megha.


Well in this one, the kids had a brainwave to compare their muscles but ofcourse Resham is more model material and is concentrating harder on the muscles in her cheeks!!!


Me and Resham, or should I say, Resham and I seeing as I am having to finally learn English grammar after suffering German grammar for five years. Isn't she cute?

No comments: