Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, March 05, 2010

One of those...

So it's that time of year again - OSCARS! Okay... I was never really that into it but then I met Sharan and her enthusiasm kind of rubs off on you! :P Anyway, the awesome thing about the Oscars is that you have a long list of movies to watch that are pretty much guaranteed to be good. Not always... sometimes you really wonder "what were they thinking?!" But anyway, so I hadn't watched a movie in a while and the mock exams ended yesterday - oh and have I mentioned that Mumbai University POSTPONED our final exams?! Yeah, way to go, MU. Way to go. So now my exams start on the 13th of April as opposed to the 8th and end on the 18th of May. How many exams do I have? SIX. Six exams for more than a month :/ Trust me if you saw my timetable, you'd be whining too.
Anyhoo, I guess it's a reminder that when you think you are in control of the universe - uh, think again.
Back to the Oscars! So yesterday Sharan gave me a couple of the Oscar films (I told her to give me the less depressing ones!) and I watched Up In The Air. Good movie! But then I watched The Blind Side. Awesome movie! It's not 'Best Movie of the Year' kind of good but it's just a leave you with a fuzzy-happy-feeling kind of movie. It's one of those movies like Amazing Grace that I know I will go back to again and again to watch my favourite bits when I feel down and out with the world.

It's based on the true story of Michael Oher - an American Football player. Don't know anything about "Football" (:P) but after watching this film... interested! :P Okay, not really. I'll admit there were parts of the film where they showed the games and I was going, "what on earth!?! what kind of a strange sport is this??" But then I imagine a lot of people think that about Cricket. Or Hockey. It's all relative, really. But it is interesting, and I'd be really happy to let someone explain the game to me!
But yeah, haven't recommended a film on the blog in a while because I haven't watched a movie in ages so I'm recommending The Blind Side. And do you know what's ridiculous? I haven't watched a hindi movie in like four months or something. The last one I watched was Rocket Singh before Christmas. That's just... ridiculous. I mean, I live in Bollywood pretty much :P
Anyway, that's all for now! Tonight we have our farewell dinner at college which means dressing up (!!) and eating... and fun! So pictures to come soon! :)

2 comments:

Shaon said...

Football is AWE-SOME!! you should support the New Orleans Saints or the New Englad Patriots. ok? :D i realised that i've watched ALL the movies (ok except "The Hurt Locker" dammit) nominated for best picture this year...*pats self on the back* yay me! which one's your pick (both the one you want to win and the one you think will)??

also i'm thinking of re-starting blogging again (third time lucky?). can you inspire me to be a good/non-ADD blogger?? PWEAAAASE! xxx

Tina Nandi said...

Shaonsi! Lol. Okay, so one day we should skype and you can explain the game to me! :)
Well, I don't know what I'm rooting for at the Oscars yet because I haven't seen all of them yet and don't have much time left, either :S What do you think? I'm scared to watch the Hurt Locker. Literally. Scared. Lol. But anyway, I think I'll get that one today..
And yes, PLEASE start blogging!
Hugs,