Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Did you know?

Another 16 hours of a day have gone by. Today started early; I managed to wake up at six, asking God to please help me keep my eyes open, I lay my head back on the pillow and dozed for a while until I sat up in bed and sighed and got out. I made my way to the bathroom and blinked at the brightness of the light that had been on all night and then turned it off. I hate artificial lights during the day; they really annoy me for some reason. It makes me feel like it should be night and insults the light of the day. There's something magical about drawing the curtains after a dark night and letting the sunlight in, that is... ofcourse if there is any sunlight... at six in the morning, there isn't much but its still better than a tubelight.
After class, I randomly wandered through the busy roads... Had to visit the bank, so I walked there, and then filled my phone with talk time and then sat at the bus stand for about five minutes, in vain, cause the bus never did come and I hate waiting, so I went into this card shop just next to the bus stop and looked at some cards and laughed at the corny messages on some of them. Valentines day was the best! The shelves were just full of corny, sloppily lovey dovey cards. I should have written down some of the messages, but I don't think the shop owner would have appreciated that... Anyway, the bus still didn't come so I walked to the music store to see if there was anything new and worth listening to and there was nothing.... And I just continued walking down the street, trying to decide whether to wait at the next bus stop or risk taking an auto and I say risk, because auto drivers drive me mad and I could go on and on about that for five whole pages but I won't! :P I did risk it though and... well, I got home. I guess I should count my blessings.
So there was absolutely no point to all of what was said above just like usually, there isn't any specific point to wandering; you just walk, aimlessly so to speak and spontaneously stop or turn left, or right or walk into a shop... I just felt like writing, and didn't quite know what to write about! :P
Anyway, here are some "did you knows" for you:
  • This is my 115th Post!!! HA! (I am so jobless, it shows...)
  • Babies have no kneecaps at birth
  • The body's total volume of blood filters through the kidneys every four minutes
  • Brain cells can die if they are deprived of oxygen for even ten seconds!!

P.S. I learned those things from a book I'm reading called "Rumours of another World" by Phillip Yancey and they really fascinated me so I thought I'd share it! :)

"The goal of contemplation is to see life as God sees it, a unity of two worlds and not a division. That encompasses both a lifetime of practice and rare, single flashes of revelation." - Phillip Yancey

No comments: