Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Nope, we won't...

So we didn't win and I didn't actually stay up all night, with two consecutive nights of shortage of sleep, it was pretty impossible for me to stay up... I watched most of the Sri Lankan innings and went to sleep with a mixture of doubtful and hopeful thoughts of our making it to 245 runs... hopeful because against Bermuda we showed we were capable of 412 runs and doubtful because... well, that was Bermuda and this is Sri Lanka! Fell asleep sporting my India shirt (as if that would really help the team!) with the pup next to me and then D came and took her to her room and I set my alarm for midnight so I could wake up and watch the Indian innings... never actually heard the alarm and I ended up waking up at around 3 ish and the match was over and judging from Mandira Bedi's facial expressions, I knew it was over for India. Terrible. Really sad, but I guess there are worse things, like the murder of Bob Woolmer... now that is the worst that can happen in a World Cup.... Its sad that something like Sport, that I feel is a good and positive way of bringing people together in healthy competition and just some FUN can boil down to events like this... Its sad that sooo many people in India did all sorts of rituals and pujas and appealed to the gods for India to bring back the cup this year... Honestly, is that REALLY the most important thing? It was also sad seeing people on the news channels last night abusing the team and just being really angry about them losing the match... Well, I don't know all that much about cricket and I didn't even watch the entire match, but I'm sure they tried! I mean, naturally, the people actually playing the game out there, really know what its like and probably want more than us, to win... So let's be nice! We can't just love them when they win! I say, let's go TEAM INDIA!!

No comments: