Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

learning new things...

Hello all!
I had my german presentation today and it went great. Much easier than I thought it would be and I didn't stammer or stutter or look like I was going to faint from nervousness and I am very proud of myself for that but ofcourse I can't take all the credit. Its one of the things that I am constantly praying about and good old God listens to prayers! Anyway, its over!! Now I can relax and enjoy all the others' presentations.
Not much else new happening here. I've decided to teach myself the devangari script, well as much as I can manage on my own. Devangari btw is the name of the script that is used in hindi. So there's some new information for you! I just learnt that today myself. The script used in bengali is called Brahmi and they're quite similar but personally I think Brahmi is prettier than Devangari but I could be biased! I've learnt bits and pieces of both hindi and bangla before so the basics are easy to pick up on. And it also helps immensely that I can speak the language. And its all on the internet; my ultimate resource of information from roast chicken recipes to you name it... Its pretty cool. It feels like being a kid again, writing the alphabet out again and again and its always cooler to be a kid than a grown up! lol.
Maybe someday I can Bangla again as well and read some of the fantastic literature that so many bengalis are known for... HA! how's that for wishful thinking!?!
later,

No comments: