Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dear Diary,

I love writing. I guess that’s just stating the obvious but I need to state it, or I feel I need to state it. I love writing.

I don’t love it in the sort of way that I HAVE to write all the time or even CAN write all the time but there are times when I really FEEL like writing. And sometimes I can’t write if I don’t feel that. Sometimes I am just so overflowing with thoughts that I have to sort them somehow and writing seems to be the best way.

From the age of twelve or thirteen I got into the habit of keeping a diary and when I look at them it seems so silly how I used to write things in codes so nobody else would understand but what is nice is that I can still understand those codes!! I can still tell that the moon is actually my crush and other such silly things. I used to write in a code, for an obvious reason: I was terrified of anybody finding out about my deepest, darkest secrets.

I still am in a habit of keeping a diary. Although I’ve stopped writing “Dear Diary…” and am so not consistent with it which is why I hate having dated diaries because it seems like such a waste of paper having huge gaps between the earliest and the latest post.

I think it’s a great habit though. Its fantastic to see how much I have changed over the last few years. It’s a good reminder of the things that I need to be thankful for, and also the things that I should never do again.

And also, it makes sense of the thing that Meg likes to say. “If something doesn’t kill you, it’ll make you funnier.” I have a good laugh about some of the things that used to worry me in ninth grade or even a few months ago!

Sometimes when I read an entry about a difficult time, I can also see how God was there, even though he seemed so distant at the time. Things begin to make sense too. Some things that happened in the past and didn’t seem to make sense just fit perfectly in the now. Just think back and remember, He was there.

He is always there.

Romans 8:28 “For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and are fitting into his plan.”

1 comment:

Meghna Daniel said...

TINA! I updated my blog. Well done for inspiring me! I love your recent entries...way to go to seriously developing your writing style! I am impressed. Keep it up, you have a crazy amount of potential, babe, I'm convinced you can take this even further. (And you know I'm anal about writing style, so take this as high praise). Am praying for you. Direct your prayers here once in a while! Love you loads.

"What doesn't kill you makes you funnier."