Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Stamps!

Going through my trunk of "junk" yesterday I found my stamp collection and inevitably spend about an hour just looking at all my stamps when I should have been studying some German!

I found some really interesting stuff. Apparentely my collection is pretty extensive!! I mean I have stamps from Poland and Yemen Arab Republic and Romania and Nicargua amongst others!!

Here are some pics...


Check this one out. From back in the day when Zambia was called Northern Rhodesia under the British rule. The three countries, Zambia, Zimbabwe (then Southern Rhodesia) and Malawi (then Nyasaland) were joined to make the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland and the British basically sucked out all the money from the three and reigned supreme until the countries gained their independence in the 1960's. Pretty much the same story everywhere, apparentely!

No comments: