Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Closing old chapters...

So i've been out with a cold almost all week because of that darn ice cream I ate on Sunday. Its so unfair. I used to be able to take icy cold stuff and not hot stuff now its the opposite but I guess i'm really enjoying my tea and coffee now. Can't have both worlds I suppose. Sigh.

Anyway, so I missed two classes this week. I probably could have survived them but then the thought of that long walk and getting on a bus and then the long walk in again put me right back into bed. Lol. But also I need to store away some energy cause I have to go for this Aussie uni thing tomorrow which may well take me all afternoon. I have no idea what it'll be like. I'm just trying not to put all my eggs in one basket - i think that's the expression - and I have nothing to do and Australia for uni sounds GREAT and it costs me nothing to go for this thing so... I could even go to the same uni as Niru! But at the end of the day, the fact remains that I have no idea where I am headed at the end of this year... and that's okay.

WE finally have a finished kennel waiting for Joey to come and occupy. I don't think i've written anything about Joey earlier so some of you may be clueless about this. Anyway Joey is a beautiful (or should I say handsome?) labrador that is going to come and live with us!!! Which means besides handling ourselves, we now will have also a dog to take care of which is very exciting!! Joey is adorable!

So besides being on my toes with these idiot masons (they are gone now, thank goodness!!!), I've been walking around the house like a zombie with this cold and also doing a lot of thinking and closure of some old chapters that closed a long time ago but i've still been clinging on to in my heart... And with that came a lot of hope. Hope for the future and I realised there is nothing better than knowing you get a second chance. That's what my faith is about: a second chance. Looking back and knowing that you've made mistakes but you have a chance not to make them again. Hope is amazing. Where once things seemed bleak, hope spreads sunshine over them and makes them bright and gives life a new purpose, a new beginning and a smile on your face.

So I'm starting over. I'm trying to live my life as an adventure and its so exciting. I'm trying not to be scared of making mistakes cause that's a part of life and learning. I'm trying to give the wounds some time to heal and not be scared of being happy. Its okay.

Meg said to me today, "Not taking the happiness God gives you is not a wise thing." Something to chew on.

Yup, those were my thoughts over the last couple of days. I'm sorry if it all sounds a little wishy washy and doesn't make much sense. It makes sense in my head!

My song for the week (well actually I just fell in love with it yesterday) is "That's the way it is" by Celine Dion. She has such a powerful voice! Listening to that always gets me on my feet and dancing!!

Here's the chorus:
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is...

4 comments:

Shaon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaon said...

JOEY! Lucky bumb getting a lab!! I'm terribly jealous...can't wait to see pictures!
And tell Dina that she's pretty much the most gorgeous bride I've ever seen. Aishwarya Rai ain't got NUTHIN on Dina!! LOL
As for colleges/life's path - the greatest part of our adventure is clebrating its uncertainty, no?! Everything will work out JUST FINE, insha'Allah! :-D Oh, and I have a song that seems apt - "On Fire" by Switchfoot. Lemme know how you like it.
...and sorry for overwhelming your blog with comments. It's so wonderful to read. And it makes me oh-so-proud, sis!
Much love.

Meghna Daniel said...

Old Indian Myth: ice cream makes you sick/you shouldn't have cold stuff when you have a cold - took me years to ask why - no good reason, actually, as it turns out.

ALSO, I should give credit where credit is due, and that happiness thought is not my own, but, as you may expect, is C.S. Lewis - I forget what book, not Mere Christianity, possibly The Weight of Glory, which I am reading now. How is Mere Christianity, by the way? love you lots!

Meghna Daniel said...

ALSO. I've just been on your photo blog, and ajay's pirate name was Starkey.