Hello Readers,
I'm writing from a little cyber cafe (with AC - thank God!) just 2 minutes away from my Granny's house which has is not equipped with any modern contraptions. But the good thing about this city is that you will find anything within a 200 metre radius from where you are. And I mean anything from Laundry to Fish.
Its actually good to be here. I'm totally over the whole Christ College mishap. Its not even a great college.
Thankfully my parents are here, because Mumbai is like five times bigger than Bangalore and I would totally have been lost on my own. Its hot and crowded but there's still something nice about it. Like Kolkata, Mumbai has an old feel to it and isn't quite as square as Bangalore...
We travelled on the local trains today which is the supposed to be like the most efficient mode of local transport in any Indian city. There's a train every three minutes and a whoppig 6.1 million commuters travel on these trains on a daily basis!! Can you imagine that!? Of course these trains are extremely crowded and during peak hours you will be lucky not to get crushed in the crowd.
So as I was sitting on the train, the thought of the bomb blasts that happened last year passed my mind and I turned around and asked my dad, "how can you stop something like that from happening?!" You can't really! There are 6.1 million, probably more people walking in and out of these trains everyday. Nobody gets checked, its not really possible. How can you check every single person? So it was really a cowardy thing to do. Setting off a bomb on a train is well, easy. Too easy. And yet I still can't figure out how they could do it. I mean, physically actually doing it is easy. But getting yourself, actually being mentally prepared to do it.... How? Especially knowing the consequences... How can you do it?
Anyway,
Just a thought.
College hunt is going well. I'm sure something will work out. I'm not so worried now that my parents are here to help...
More later,
McT
1 comment:
Truth be told, this is a difficult post to comment on. Much of it is rhetorical, an aweful lot like... Calvin and Hobbes! If you had to say, which one are you most like? Calvin or Hobbes?
Ajay
Post a Comment