Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sweetness!

I'm in Bangalore!!! Absolutely overjoyed to be here although that may be a little confusing cause I'm pretty sure, I have complained about this darned city several times on my blog or maybe in the blogs that I wrote in my head... nonetheless, that's me for you... I say i'll never do some things or I hate some things and then I end up doing them and loving them. Classic example my dear sis-in-law pointed out to me the other day is this: I NEVER wanted to go to an all-girls' institution and lo and behold! So you really should Never say Never but of course I still do to some things like smoking; I think its the worst habit and I will NEVER do it. There's something you can hold me to!
The weather, some would say, is terrible: gloomy, cold, dampish, windy, with occassional spits of rain but according to me, this is absolutely fantastic! After Mumbai's hot, sweaty and crowded, I am ecstatic about having to wear a sweater! Heat has never really suited me but I am much better at peace with it now. I'm know I threw a lot of tantrums because of the heat of Dubai, Kolkata, Mumbai and other such places when I was younger. Now, well, you just gotta live with it! I realise, you can't always choose circumstances that best suit you and so like that song, Aj talked about, aptly put it: let it roll.
AH! So good to be here. Bangalore, actually is quite green... You start to appreciate these things better when you come back from something completely different. People keep asking me if I like Mumbai or B'lore better and I say, you really can't compare the two. They're two kinds of bad and two kinds of good. Mumbai is incredibly crowded and hot but the people are more approachable while Bangalore is cleaner and cooler but somehow the people are more difficult to live with.
Lulu's here too!! She's grown quite a bit but is still just as playful, hyperactive and adorable. I LOVE her! She also sheds like goodness knows what! I was wearing black pants and a navy blue sweatshirt when I carried her home in the car and she pretty much altered the colour of my clothes. BUT I still love her!
Anyway, I have a bunch of emails to reply to so that's it for now!
Beena

No comments: