Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A Page Is Turned

I bought new shoes! Wait, I'll show you.
Aren't they cute? They have little sequiny things on them and I got a 100 bucks discount too, so I'm quite happy with myself! I tried to upload my pictures from Ooty onto photobucket yesterday but it wouldn't work so sorry about that. But most of you are on Facebook so you can just go see them there! If you're not on Facebook, wow, hats off to you, I'll put up the photos soon :D
Argh, the days are rolling too fast for my liking. I'm really not into going back to Bombay. Holidays are so great - no pressure, no stress, no work, just watch movies, relax, do what you want. I am looking forward to meeting everyone but I wish they'd just come here, you know!? ;)
Oh well. I also haven't made this stupid recipe scrapbook thingy for my Cooking and Baking course and I won't get the certificate unless I do. Well, at the beginning when I signed up for the course, I didn't really care about the certificate as long as I learnt something useful but honestly I didn't learn much, infact we didn't have many classes and I paid quite a bit of money for it, so I might as well atleast get the certificate...

Here's a movie you SHOULD watch if you haven't already. I watched it with the a'levels while I was up in Ooty. I hadn't actually heard about it till then but then living in India, you tend not to hear about a lot of good english movies which is a pity but anythehow, I've seen it twice now and it is a movie you shouldn't miss. Based on the true story of William Wilberforce - the man who fought long and hard to abolish the slave trade and eventually slavery itself in the British Empire in the 18th Century. Amazing story and amazing song too!

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

A hymn written by John Newton whose counsel William Wilberforce sought during his career.


1 Chronicles 17: 16 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed,
“Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? 17 And now, O God, in addition to everything else, you speak of giving your servant a lasting dynasty! You speak as though I were someone very great, O Lord God!

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

LOVE the shoes!

Sonal said...

Me too!me too!theyre gorgeous.
its same here piu...i really want to see you guys,but i also want to be home,and besides the paper which gives me the creeps.