Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, August 04, 2008

Today Never Happened

A shot I took at the dance rehearsal last night...
I caught the 7:02am Fast Local Train today and I'm very proud of myself for that! He he... I've been pretty late for the past couple of days only making it in time catch a cab to college.

Now that we're done with all the pregnancy videos in Pscyh class, we're onto abortion ones and it is HORRID. They have no reservations on showing you what exactly happens and are mercilessly visual about it even in their speech so even if you close your eyes, you can still picture it from the description. It was mortifying and brought on a lot of debate. I guess its not completely black-and-white and there are many shades of grey and you can't pass judgements on everyone who goes for an abortion but the fact remains that the actual process of getting an abortion (suction and forceps and all) is just horrible and inhuman and it's sad that it happens, no matter the circumstances. Or maybe I should say that it is sad that we live in a world where there exists circumstances in which people think they HAVE to get an abortion.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Hey Tina, are you learning dance???

anne said...

i've given this a lot of thought too, and it's true that there are definitely circumstances in the world where it would really appear that an abortion is the safest option. do you keep a rapists' baby, do you bring a child into the world if it will have no hope of a real life, i.e. it will die young due to complications, etc.
i think life is not treated in the way it should, it is sacred, and more than just abortion challenges that.