
The Gateway of India
So I'm back in Bombay and "ohh my". These are busy days. Usually this section of term is the most relaxed. It's a short term between the Diwali break and Christmas and we don't have all that much to do but not this time. No siree. This time we have exams, project submissions and Kaleidoscope 2009 standing before us like one huge, very intimidating grizzly bear. And being still and calm is not so easy.

A group from Canada at Kala Ghoda
Anyway, on the first day of college my friends and I got down to action and started collecting our data for a Research Project that we are required to do. It's a group effort and we can choose to research just about anything we want and then do a lit survey, formulate a questionnaire, etc, etc. My group chose to try and find out how hospitable Mumbai is from a foreigners' perspective. (If you've been to Mumbai and are willing, do send me your email add, would love to mail you a questionnaire!)

Gauri, Jo, Me and Antu - 4 out of 7 members of our group. The other three took a break yesterday.
So on Friday we went out with our questionnaires to Colaba and Gateway of India and scavenged for foreigners to fill out our questionnaire. It was a great experience and we met all sorts of interesting people from countries like France, Spain, UK, Argentina, Slovenia, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Netherlands, etc, etc. Coolest one so for me was the postman from Ireland! :D So yeah, we've had two days of that so far and we're about 60% through our sample size so that's been really great albeit really tiring because we're out there after morning classes in the HOT sun! :S
Day 3 is tomorrow! *excitement*
So I had this God-epiphany yesterday, which is what I call it when my head grasps a little bit of what my heart believes. I was thinking just how fabulous it is that God is so intimately involved in my life. He's there like my life is the most important thing to Him. So while He's telling the sun to rise, the geese to fly south (or north or whatever) and telling the spider how to make his cobweb or making Jupiter dance on it's orbit and the falling stars fly through the heavens, He's right here. ALL of Him. Interested, listening to my concerns and comforting me. Telling me in His loving ways that I don't need to worry about anything. That He is in control and He wants what is best for me.
That just makes my heart sing! Lalalalala! :D
"How can someOne so beautiful,
feel anything for me?"
- Brooke Fraser
Have a fabulous week! :)
5 comments:
I Loved the way the post ended nice God-epiphany I actually like the decription of it, its very apt...
Knowing that theres a power there for U, concerned about your needs makes one indeed feel Blessed.:)I like the Post . All the best for your Project .... Its a very inetersting topic I must say!
nice hat!
Love your epiphany ...
dont you just love realising such wonderful things... plain and simple but oooh so true :)
And Brook... well gotta love Brook Fraser.. she has managed to put into words so many thoughts that float around my brain.
I visited mumbai.. can i count as as being from forigin???
Miss you muchly
Love Dotty
P.S. I like your hat too :)
HahaPostman from ireland must have been fun!
Post a Comment