I pray that you will do good.
Well he won! And everyone is talking about it:
Tint
An Idle Mind
Trick Mirror
Strange Times, My Dear
...and I'm sure there will be many many more posts on this issue on various blogs but I'm guessing they're all sleeping now.
That man sure can give a good speech. How do they do it? Millions of people watching and they don't seem to even have it written down anywhere. I freak out just thinking about it - I have the worst case of stage-fright the world has ever seen. I.kid.you.not.
Anyway, that's about all I'm going to say on it cause honestly, I don't KNOW enough actual facts to make any sweeping statements about how glad I am about Obama winning. Sure he says he'll do many things that the world is so desperate for - ending the war in the middle-east being the key issue here, I guess - and yes, the US has come a long way from when a black woman had to fight for a seat on a public bus to now. But hey, at the end of the day - he's still human. Human, raw, real, imperfect human like all of us. So, let's not idolize him. Let's not sit back and wait for him to change the world.
I have to say - of all the blog posts, articles, news channels, etc I've been following throughout the whole election drama this has got to be the most interesting:
Mark Riddle's Blog
Signing off:
With an uber-cool photo that Jo took of me while we were driving to a shopping mall in Bangalore a few days ago.
2 comments:
"...- he's still human. Human, raw, real, imperfect human like all of
us. So, let's not idolize him"
Exactly what i was thinking. He is the FIRST afro american,he should act in such a way that he isn't the last.
As su, says superheroes are idolized. People were crying for him at chicago when he spoke. But then, all is well that ends well.
heh, neat pic. ;) .
That's true, I agree. There were also people who had stars in their eyes, and were silently whispering his words, letter by letter as he spoke. And yes, he can speak. There wasn't a prompt in sight! Idolisation can be dangerous, it's also the next easiest thing after eating ice-cream (which makes it even more dangerous). Ah well, there's a mass leader for you.
"Let's not sit back and wait for him to change the world."
Amen.
Post a Comment