Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dark Days

We’ve been having a lot of power-cuts recently. At least 7 hours a day. The government in Karnataka is rubbish. They don’t have an idea about a thing. And I do. Of course. :P
Anyway, so I haven’t been spending all that much time online which is actually a good thing cause I’m getting more reading done. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is fabulous. But more on that later when I’m done with reading it... I vamped my ichoose bags a little. And dark evenings lend themselves beautifully to great conversation.
I just spent the last hour listening to my dad telling me stories about the grandfather I never met and countless other relatives that make up the history of my family. It’s all so fascinating really. All those stories. Real stories.
Sometimes I wish I could’ve been there.
I think I would’ve gotten on well with my grandfather. He was also keen on photography and books like I am. In fact he used to develop his own photographs and I’ve seen so many of them and also an ancient camera he used to use – ordered from the UK.
It’s just so crazy to imagine these days – when the British were still in India and the population was tiny. Back when your relatives were your friends and your friends were related to you…

No comments: