I had a GREAT day today. D and I went to Max (AGAIN!) which is a new clothes-store in Bangalore which is pretty reasonable and they have a nice collection which does get a little old when you go there too many times though as D and I discovered today. Anyway, so I got myself a pair of jeans and another t-shirt (which I seriously lack - I'm usually seen comfortable in my kurtas/kurtis).
And then I went to lunch at my cousin's place who was a 8-month old little boy and he is just SO adorable!! The last I saw him in Kolkata he was just 1 or 2 months old and well he didn't do much but sleep, eat and cry but now he's crawling and stands with support and loves to jump and SMILES - oh how he smiles!! Absolutely adorable. I'm usually not great with kids but I'm proud to say ladies and gentlemen, that he DID NOT cry when he came to me and I had a ball playing with him!! I do have a few photos but am too lazy to upload them right now.
After that my Pops and I went to buy a camera-case for the handycam and then went book-shopping! Our favourite. If there is such a thing as a book-worm or book-buying gene - I got it from my dad. Although I gotta admit he's better at actually READING everything he buys than I am. Sometimes a book will sit for years on my shelf until I actually get around to reading it. And sometimes if I don't really like a book or even the first chapter, I just cannot finish it. I know its not a good thing cause many a book with a painfully boring start actually turns out to be pretty good... Anyway I bought three books today:
- Persuasion by Jane Austen: I've been wanting to read this for a while now. The only Jane Austen I've read is Emma and that I HAD to read cause it was in our syllabus for EngLit in A'levels. I actually have many fond memories related to this book - phone convesations that invariably led to the question "So have you read Emma yet?" during the summer holidays cause we didn't really know what else to talk about... :)
I know, I know, shame on me - I haven't read Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility yet but let's see how I get through this one first cause I really struggle to read classics unless I'm forced to like for Lit classes! ;) - Marley and Me by John Grogan: I've heard good things about this book and I keep seeing it whenever I enter a book-shop and have been wanting to read it for a while. Its about a dog who reminds me a lot of Joey (not the FRIENDS Joey; the beautiful Labrador Joey who came to live with us for a while but we couldn't handle his boisterous and extremely hyper nature so had to send him back).
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier: I read the abridged version of this a long time ago in Zambia (I think I borrowed it from the tiny library at my school) when fat books scared me and I loved it. I figured well I've read Gone With The Wind (which is a MIGHTY FAT novel) I can definitely handle this now and I have been wanting the read the WHOLE story for a while now.



3 comments:
Do you like this place called Blossoms, there in Bangalore ? A friend of mine was raving about that book-store.
Oh Piu! You could've asked me for Marley and me! I'm yet to read Persuasion . Funny thing, I started Mansfield Park today. Rebecca is great; a little creepy, and very unsettling, but you get the feel of the book from the cover. It's one of her best books. I've been dying to see the movie; it's a Hitchcock.
And yes, there absolutely is a thing such as bookshopping. When dad was here, we used to do that once every 3-5 months. Usually at Kemp's corner :)
persuasion is really, really great. didn't enjoy emma, to be honest, which made me doubt austen's skill beyond p&p but in fact persuasion is excellent times (as is mansfield Park, sharanya!)
sorry i've been so crap at staying in touch. rest assured i love you and will continue to do so til the end of time :) <3
Post a Comment