Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Once, Once, Once

I watched it FINALLY! Once is such a beautiful, simple, non-exaggerated, real movie. And what a brilliant soundtrack. Watch it, if you haven't already. You simply must.

I've finished reading Nineteen Minutes and it is now second on my favourite JodiPicoultList. Yup, it has bumped off Salem Falls. I finally found the PicoultTwist like at the end of My Sister's Keeper a
gain. YAY!

Whenever I finish a book though, it takes a while to get into a new one so I've been watching movie's instead:
Bowling For Columbine: A documentary made by Michael Moore trying to figure out why things like the shooting at Columbine High School happen in America.
A Room With A View: Based on the book by the same name by E.M. Forster. Ah, brilliant!
August Rush: It has the cute little kid who playes Peter in Finding Neverland. And the hot guy from Bend It Like Bekham - Jonathon Rhys Meyer. The movie is not technical genius or anything like that but its a beautiful tale with a beautiful soundtrack with a happy ending. The best kinda feel-good movie! ;)
Definitely, Maybe: Again movie with cute kid - this time, the brilliant girl from Little Miss Sunshine. I really liked this movie.
Stolen Summer: This was really interesting. Its about two kids; one from a Jewish family and one from an Irish Catholic family. Sometimes, I think that we like to think that we know all the answers but really we don't know squat - we ought to be more like children...
Once: Haven't I said enough about this already? Just watch it!

3 comments:

Shaon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaon said...

oh my goodness, "Once" is such a lovely film! i remember going to this super-indie, hole-in-the-wall cinema hall to watch it all by myself. and after the film ended i remember going outside, sitting in the bitter New Englad cold for almost 45minutes, feeling the most glorious sense of sad-happy. beautiful. and the soundtrack?! OH, the soundtrack! can a piano and vocals do any more magic than "Falling Slowly"? i think not.
also, i love you so much!! :)

P.S. - apologies for deleting it the first time around! i clicked on the dustbin icon by mistake and the post just disappeard! gah!

Sharanya said...

Once, oh yeah. Oh YEAH.