Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Third Culture Kids.

Today is one of those bad internet days. My stupid usb modem is acting up and won’t let me do anything so if you can see this: yay!

Well, I’m back. In Bombay.

The train journey turned out to be a lot of fun for me cause I made friends with a bunch of IB students studying in a boarding school just outside of Pune. At first it was kind of sad because it reminded me SO MUCH of us, back in school on the train, creating havoc and lots of noise on one of our school trips or relief projects. It all just looked so familiar – an improbable mix of people from all around the world. There was one girl from Spain, one from Norway, one guy from Denmark, one from S. Korea and the rest of the guys were Indian but had all at one point lived abroad like in the US, Canada, etc… So basically a whole bunch of TCKs (Third Culture Kids: If you don't know what it means, check out a pretty rough description here) and being one myself, I got on pretty well with them. They were a crazy bunch and I had a good laugh listening to their stories. They were just going back to school after a week of ‘working’ with an NGO in Bangalore. We also all read out one sentence each from Emile’s (the Danish guy) copy of the Da Vinci Code in… well, Danish. That was hilarious!

It's good to be back in college. Antu and I went stationery shopping after we left from college and my new notebooks are just dying to be written in ;)

I know I've passed in 5 of the exams I gave last Semester. Econ was a real shocker - I was seriously not expecting to do anything near to good. So I'm happy! YAY! We'll get the rest of the results tomorrow.

I have many other things to say but I'm really tired and I think I'd like to just curl up in bed and read my book (Jeffrey Archer's A Prisoner Of Birth).

Toodles!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Would be brilliant. To be one ina motley crew of people, from all over the place. :)

Asmita Nandedkar said...

Thats an Awesome book. I read it this summer. Finished it in, Oh say, 5 days.

I've been reading you blog for quite a while. Found you in Sharanya's "Bloge"list.

Btw, I am third Culture kid as well :D.. I didnt know I was until today.. that, somehow, makes me happy.

Asmita Nandedkar said...

oh, also, i love the pics that u've watermarked from you Ooty Trip. Very Neat.

Ashish Gourav said...

I never expected that a girl's blog would give me such a complex....
I learnt 5 new things from this post...thnks and ur post is nicely written too