The greatest negative point about this hostel is that I have to wash my own clothes! And there's no washing machine. Nor is there like a laundry place where I can use a washing machine and a dryer like there is abroad. I have to wash my own clothes and if there's one household job I hate, its washing clothes!
Anyway, otherwise, the hostel is great. The biggest plus point being that its on campus so I don't have to travel miles and wake up super early. The funny thing is that now that I'm so close to classes, I'm actually more likely to be late for class. When you live far away, you have to always play it safe and leave early and sometimes you end up being really early for class. Now I seem to underestimate how long it will take me to walk up to class.
The food is also great. I'm trying to cut down on my expenses by attending all the meals so I don't have to buy food. We mostly get indian food and its not bland like Hebby indian food often was. Today we had fish for lunch and that just made my day!
The other good thing is that most of the girls in the dorm don't like breaking the hostel rules so there's no smoking or drinking or sex and I'm grateful for that. Obviously no one can dictate what they do outside but none of that will happen in the hostel for sure!
Yesterday, this girl in my class, Florinda, and I went to visit an old home for widows with our Sociology teacher and some of the Third Year students. We took some food and presents and played a few games and danced with them and they were so happy. It was kind of sad to see how neglected some of these women are. Some were really craving for a little affection and desperately wanted to make sure they got their share of the gifts we had brought them cause they do not get much of even the simple things from their own families.
I haven't yet started teaching at the school for underprivileged kids that I was supposed to join... Still have to sort out which centre to go to.
Anyway, that's it for now...
Hugs,
me
No comments:
Post a Comment