Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

You are the One

I could break my head/lose sleep worrying over things but at the end of it all, I feel like a fool, cause I can’t control things anyway. Whatever happens will happen. And whatever happens, is passed by God. Whatever happens will not be something you simply cannot deal with. Jugal said it best at our Leaver’s Weekend in Yr13. “God’s not going to send you to the rain forest to preach to the crocodiles or something.” And whatever happens, happens for the good of those who love God and are fitting into His plans. (Romans 8:28)

There were a few things I was losing sleep over this past week until I came to point of surrendering. And my prayer went something like this, “I am a fool. You are God. You can do everything.”

And sure enough, I am sleeping again.

“When I fall, when I fall,
I know where I’ll be landing…
When I fall, when I fall,
You will still be standing…”
-- Rachel Lampa, When I fall

Two lessons learnt this past week.
1. Prayer TRULY works. No matter how big or small the problem is.
2. Don’t worry about ANYTHING.

Matthew 6:33-34 “Do not be anxious about anything. But in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

Church was good today. (If interested, check out notes here). Sharan came along which was a bonus point. I’m glad you came!

Youth service was also good fun, as always. We discussed all sorts of things and played some games. And there was chicken for lunch! :D

I've decided to do a little flashback series of photos from Hebron. I'll try and find a new photo for every post...
Here's the first...

Would you believe these were all teachers in my school??
(Somebody please remind me what the occasion was! I'm forgetting things and help to fill in the blanks...)
1. From L-R: (kneeling: Mrs. Green as_________?, IG (who?) as__________, Mrs. Dodds(one of the best english teachers and dorm parents EVER!) as Barbie, Mrs. Humphreys (art teacher) as Cruella Deville, Mrs. Rogers as Little Red Riding Hood.

L-R (back row): Mrs. George(Another amazing english teacher, sweetest lady EVER, best cook, and 'A' level guys' dorm mum) as Cleopatra, Mr. Ashing (art teacher) as Peter Pan, Mr. Ruddock (History teacher, sweet old man, the one who visited me with Deepak) as Biker dude, Mr. Humphreys as _________?, Mr. Keelty (our Std.13 dorm parent) as ________?, and Mr. Green (Chemistry teacher, strictest man in school, vice principal) as a typical Hebron std.9 boy?? I dunno!?!
2. All of them outside the auditorium posing for a picture.
3. Mrs. George making her entry into assembly
4. Mrs. Dodds posing as Barbie

1 comment:

Tribal Kid said...

Few changes and gap filling ;)
* Jugals quote was.. Gods not going 2 send u to the Amazon 2 preach to the crocodiles....
* I have co recolection of why tehy were dressed that crazee...
* the Ig was sm fairy princess or smthing na...
* Mr. Humphries was sm dobhiwalla or sm kovalam man..
* Mr kealty was a viking.
* Mr. Reid an old hebronschool boy...
* Mr Bullok a pope or priest or smthing na...
....


1 sleep left till i leave mommy.. yeyyeyeyeyyeyeyeye .... talk 2 u soon... Byeeee. Xx BIG HUG xX