Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I can see clearly now...

So after months of squinting and trying to read what was written on the blackboard during Economics class, I finally went and had my eyes checked about two weeks ago. It was vaguely fascinating and at the end of it, they told me I needed glasses. After some more procrastination, I finally went and selected frames and ordered my glasses and I can see clearly now!! I spent the journey back home pushing my glasses a little off and then putting them back on to see the difference… and wow, I’ve been missing quite a bit! The indicators at the train station aren’t blurry anymore, I can read the ads and even the words on my laptop screen and crystal clear! My power is very low (-0.5) and I wish I didn’t need to wear glasses but I’ll take what I can get and run with it! :P

I’m listening to Latika’s Theme from Slumdog Millionaire. So beautiful, so beautiful. A.R. Rahman; you go man! (Thank you, Antu!)

Was listening to the audio book version of Not For Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade – And How We Can Fight It by David Batstone. Wow, eye-opening and I’ve only heard the introduction so far! You can get a free download of the audio book here (only on offer in February so go quick!) (Thanks, Kari)

Also on my playlist:
- Delhi-6 Soundtrack (Again, A.R. Rahman - seriously how do you do it?)
- Jai Ho from Slumdog...
- Dreams on Fire from Slumdog...

Enjoying my last days of 20!

3 comments:

Sharanya said...

Ahh, Latika's theme. Its divine.

Shaon said...

haha you look so cheeky in that photo :P "Latika's Theme" and "O...Saaya" have been playing nonstop in my head and heart for DAYS now. it's almost painful. almost. love u!

Ryan said...

Ni--hiice glasses