I'm on my last full Sunday back home and I am very grateful for that because this was technically supposed to be my last half-Sunday here. And it has been good! I just got back from an extended sleepover at dada and D's place and we played Scrabble, watched a hilarious movie called Waking Ned Devine (1998), listened to music ranging from Nirvana to the soundtrack of Avatar (!!!) to U2...on their awesome home theatre system (it's just magical!), ate D's awesome cooking (spaghetti last night and prawn curry with coconut rice for lunch today - she's a genius, obviously), drank breezers, made conversation, another morning with Radiance today... all in all, lots of fun!
Anyway, back to the "four months" and what that means. Well, you see two nights ago, my friend Antu mass-msged us this...
This isn't something you should know on the 1ST OF JANUARY, but I had to tell you this- just checked the university website which says that our exams begin from the 5th of april... er, all the best to us
I'm not sure how the rest reacted to that but my reaction? Well, I did my little "jump-clap-fists-in-the-air dance that I do when I'm really happy and nobody's watching :P
Now, I generally don't take the "University's" word for it, especially if it's on the website but if this is in fact true what this means is that we have like no time and it's going to be all study-study-study as SOON as I get back but this is where the "four months" thing comes in... Exams starting in April means exams ending in May... hopefully. Tops. And that means, ladies and gentlemen... that yours truly is going to be DONE with college in FOUR MONTHS! Done with Bombay in FOUR MONTHS! (I feel like I should add a parenthesis everywhere saying "hopefully" because well, who knows anything for sure, right? God loves to add a good "twist" in the story sometimes and He might just decide that I haven't had enough of Bombay yet but yeah, HOPEFULLY!)
The tragic part about that is that I have four precious months left with some girls... who have been the best friends I've made in the last four years. (You know who you are!) Also, saying goodbye to Bombay... granted, it has its quirks that really drive me up the wall on the bad days but Bombay also gave me so much. A few months ago I tried to write down the whole "Why Bombay?" story... What's that? Well, how it happened (it is quite a story...) and trying to figure out why it happened (I mean the less obvious whys of it), what I've learnt from it, etc, etc... It's a pretty long story but yeah, it is pretty awesome how some things have just become clearer to me now and if I ever manage to articulate the whole thing maybe I'll publish it on the blog one day but the basic idea is that Bombay has been both the best thing and the hardest thing I've done since I left school so it will be hard to leave but I am also so looking forward to it!
So yeah, right now I'm still half-believing that my three years in Bombay has already just come down to four more measly months, being kind of sad that I will be done with Sophia's soon, and yet being so out-of-my-mind-excited about the fact that I will be a graduate very very soon and then there are new and exciting things in store for me in the next year (more about that as and when...)! That's what four months means for me right now.
Four months.
Isn't life just beautiful? It's never the same. Every day is just awesomely new. Thank you God for that. Seriously.
Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something
There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans he's made for me
I have to wait and see
He's not finished with me yet
-- Brandon Heath, "Wait and See"
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something
There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans he's made for me
I have to wait and see
He's not finished with me yet
-- Brandon Heath, "Wait and See"
Have an awesome first full week of 2010!
3 comments:
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK MORE THAN ANYTHING I'VE SEEN SO FAR AND YOU.
*In Rose's-Atlantic-frozen-voice-* Come Back.
Really? I mean, I like it but I thought the gray was a little dreary... But since you're probably my most frequent visitor, I'll keep it. Just for you :P
And I'm coming. I'm coming! :)
Well I actually would prefer a little more colour Tina!! This could get a bit dreary :)
Post a Comment