Here lies a view of my desk (messy desk) and on the left side is my new lamp which looks pretty decent from up here.
I had little choice. Really.
Till now, my roomies and I had been depending on a kind neighbour’s extra lamp. And then their other lamp died. Alas, we were left lampless and in the dark at night. We tried to just keep the big tubelight on and see if it would pass sister Irene’s notice (the warden that is) but no. She notices almost everything. Nuff’ said. You see we may be independent adults in college but we still have rules and at 10:30 we’re only allowed to have table lamps on. Its actually a good rule cause atleast those in the room who want to sleep can do so with minimum disturbance. Anyway, so I went and emptied (literally) my pocket and bought this lamp… It wasn’t that expensive, I just happened to have exactly 17 Rupees less than the price they asked for in my wallet! I like how we can bargain in India. Well maybe it was expensive – Oh I dunno! I paid Rs. 470/= Is that reasonable? For some reason ALL the few lamp showrooms in the vicinity have a million fancy lamps – from chandeliers to abstract art lamps – and there would be just ONE simple table lamp sitting in a corner. So I had to take it this one.
Well it serves the purpose and I can go back to reading ‘The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’ before I go to sleep! They’re really quite good… I can’t believe I hadn’t read any until recently!
More later,
8 comments:
That's an interesting lamp you got there.
It would drive me insaine. Everyone has their area of.. excessive care. One of mine is pertaining to lamps. If I don't like the lamp I'm using, it distracts me so much that I just cannot think about anything but the lamp. I've broken/thrown/detatched lamps because they bothered me too much. I loved my lamp at school, despite being battered and well, Hebronized.
So, if I was you, I'd trade the hearty lamp with some little girl for a less.. pink one.
I hate that lanp tina... PINK ... Bleeeah!yuuck.. pink and RED clash BIG TIME. and 400 and smthing for a lanp....HOLY COW i forget how expensive things are these day. Um i don't have a tube lite im my room either.. all yellow lite. a Chandlear ( that is the wrong spelling eh ;)lol)and a couple lanps.. but my lanp has a random thing under the halogen lite that looks like a trapeez... so i made a li'll metal man and hung him off it...lol. Gd luck living with ur yucky pink lamp... yeah i'd take AJ's advise and try trade it. laers kiddo.. Love u plenty. Muah,
<3 Love Dotty <3
piuuuuuu..
dats a fortune 4 a lamp!!!sorry,i know im not helping!
love u...
sonu
which fellow sold you that lamp for that price anyway? Tell us his name and address and I'll 'take care of him' for you.
Now now Aj.. there r less violent ways of dealing with this over priced lamp/ lamp seller...But yeah can i come 2 watch u take care of him...lol ;)
yeah, well most things in the area i live in are highly over-priced... we just desperately needed one, the other options (and there were VERY few non-fancy and relatively cheap ones) were actually just as ugly, or worse... and yeah, pink and red, really clash... i try not to look at it too much, atleast the light is pretty bright and it works!
:)
Everything works..except the heart :D
oh, did I mention its a leeetle too pink???? (DONT hit me!!)
-fatty (who else?)
Post a Comment