Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

God is good.

I had a good venting yesterday to a good friend and he emailed back and as if to re-iterate his points I got them again in church today. Basically these two points:
1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your strength and all your mind and
2. Love your neighbour
Those are the greatest commandments and those are THE most important things we have to do in life.
Yes! I finally found a church in which I feel comfortable. It's not exactly close by but it is a good church and I met some great people and I felt at home which is great and of course I met people who have some sort of connection with Hebron. It has stopped surprising me now, Hebron is just too connected! I stayed back for the youth group as well and we had lunch, played some games and discussed "live-in" relationships.
Has anyone met a couple in a "live-in" relationship who haven't slept together? Is that possible? I'd say the temptation's got to be pretty darn strong. But then there are people who don't think it is wrong...
Well basically the conclusion we came to is that there are things that we shouldn't do because there are consequences. God created the universe, He created us. He's pretty smart and He knows what is best for us and I don't think being promiscuous is good for us. It's sad how sex is cheapened nowadays. One of the reasons why I really dislike swear words cause a lot of them are to do with sex and don't we just love to throw sex around. Its become a joke and that's sad...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..you are pretty religious arent you? thats good, i think. You can always hold on to Him if you're down or something and put all your fath blindly in him and trust him to make things ok. it would be such a relief to do that. For us agnostics (I dont know anyone else who is one but thats how the phrase is used, hai na?) its kinda hard. When you're reaallllly down (for eg now) you just gotta find all the answers yourself.
Lucky you, Tina.

Sharan

Anonymous said...

What you've said is really true... I see so many people at college doing a whole lot of questionable things seemingly oblivious to the consequences. We have a huge responsibility to pray for those who are in such relationships
Jeru