Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Satsang

Orvi's holiday has almost come to a close which is really sad cause it was great having him around and we tested quite a few cafes and restaurants around Mumbai! The photos below are taken at this 'Moshe's' cafe on top of my favourite bookstore - Crosswords - which is just about a ten minute walk from college. We had... coffee! (I really wanted a cup of Earl Grey but they didn't have any). And Waffles with maple syrup and some funny dip with these long triangly things (as you can tell, I have forgotten what they were called!)
Went home today and had nice clean laundry (bless my granny's helper and washing machine!), lemon squash, fruits (bless my granny) and mail!!! Two letters from Gail in Bangladesh and two small packages from Sarah Hivner containing two CDs by Aradhna!
I think I've written about them before... Anyway Aradhna sings worship songs in hindi and its a beautiful fusion of indian and western instruments like the sitar and guitar and the tabla and harmonium. I really love it and I just don't know how to thank Sarah for being so kind and thoughtful...
He He Prabhu, jag kartaar, mohe apne hi prem se bhar de
Mohe apne hi rang mein rang de, mohe apne hi prem se bhar de...

Prem hamein bhi karnaa sikhaa do, aisee raha pe chalnaa sikhaado
Binti karat hai bhaar bhaar re...

O Lord, Master of all things, fill me with your love
Mold me in your likeness; fill me with your love
O Lord, Master of all things fill me with your love

Teach us how to love, teach us to walk in these ways
I always pray, O Lord, Master of all things, fill me with your love

- He He Prabhu, Aradhna

8 comments:

Tribal Kid said...

Mommy r u telling me u did not know i was comming 2 india???..well now u do.. i'm going 2 b in india for 1 month. frm like mid jan to mid feb.

anne said...

Pssshhh, Tina, even I know that.

And I think you are thinking of nachos/doritos?

I miss you. x

Sharanya said...

hey!

Lovely blog. am yet to finish reading the entire thing..have only read August-july-sep till now :)

Loved the photo-reel thing, the one that had ur pics at the gateway of India-the name eludes me..

Ajay Lee said...

hey, where'd that picture of that good looking gal go?

Tribal Kid said...

Ajay what pic r u on about???? the one that used 2 b on her blog page????

Ajay Lee said...

hmm

Tribal Kid said...

That does not count as a valid answer Aj.

Tina Nandi said...

bahahaha! I love the comments people thanks!
sharan, I finally got onto the net so will now check out your blog and am flattered that you're actually planning to read mine! yay!
what pic are you talking about aj?
happy blogging all!