Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Unsung Heroes...

Something that really really bothers me is people littering. While it was great having so many colleges on campus, I really hate the mess they left behind and I also hate how it gives our own college students the 'excuse' to do the same. The 'go with the flow' attitude that I really hate.
"Everybody else is doing it! What difference does it make, if I don't?" I have a strong urge to slap anyone who says that.
First of all, its like admitting that you're insignificant.
Secondly, its just being plain lazy.
Thirdly, its selfish because you're leaving the job to someone else and incase you haven't noticed the world doesn't revolve around you.
That was my rant.
What I really wanted to talk about is the domestic (wonderful people) staff on our campus.
Kaleidoscope came to a close today and there was litter everywhere but these wonderful people cleaned up an entire basketball court strewn with pieces of paper and all other sorts of things within a few minutes. And tomorrow morning we're sure to find the rest of campus clean too.
They are the unsung heroes of Kaleidscope. They are the reason we have such a beautiful campus.

8 comments:

Sonal said...

loooooooooouuuuuuuuuu da pix....
plz forward them 2 me..
sonal

Ajay Lee said...

People = Problems

Tribal Kid said...

um.. the ppl who clean up after any grand event. are always the greatest yet least noticed/praised/thanked...etc. Glad 2 c that u lad a totaly sic parte. Love u sTaX. Xx BIG HUG xX <3 Me

Anonymous said...

hey!! Loved the pics, yeah. AND thsi article. Glad to see theres someone besides me who doesnt liek littering.

Sharan

bhavini said...

It's one of those little things that get under your skin and for all the right reasons, annoy. After globalization there isn't going to be much difference between the two global hemispheres except this civic consciousness.

It's a terrible thing that we imitate them with such indiscretion ..

anne said...

Am familiar with that, it's the Hyderabadi [dare I say, Indian] attitude of "chaaalta, re"

Ajay Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ajay Lee said...

I love how litter in India is America's fault. Which country is more polluted? I love the logic.