Anyway, so I pampered my mum with a pedicure this morning, went back to my unfinished knitting and after a lot of messaging managed to put together an afternoon out with my good ol’ friend Tukai!! It was possibly the most exciting thing I have done in Lusaka thus far. Oh, the joy of getting out. I really miss that. You see here its not as easy as hailing an auto and meeting a friend. Its much more complicated, especially for a girl. Gawsh.
But thanks to my darling papa who kindly agreed to play chaperone, we went to watch a movie this afternoon!! Its called Step up. Its one of those great dancing, good music, cute guy, not much of a story movies. But still I had fun, we laughed our heads off, especially in the beginning when they showed previews of some other movies and one of them was called Borat (I think) and it was absolutely hilarious!! In fact we spend some solid time laughing about that even after the movie when we were just sitting around. Step up was okay, a nice feel-good movie, but I don’t know if that means it was a chick-flick. Nah, not really. Ah, watch it for yourself and decide!!!
It was rather weird to see a theatre that was soo empty. After being used to jam packed ones in Bangalore, no matter what time of the day or what day of the week, there's always people. This was practically empty though!!! Like besides us, the people behind the popcorn counter, and the ticket collector guy there wasn't anyone else outside the theatre. And inside, it was sooo quiet, like everyone was whispering and the movie hadn't even started yet! Is it like that everywhere?? Come to think of it, I don't remember whether we used to whisper in the theatre before the movie in India.
I'm such a tourist! I take my camera wherever I go!! But I was really excited today!! Seriously like the skipping kind of excited. I went to a theatre after like four months and this was my first english movie in more than two months! But still, when I took out my camera and said, "let's take a photo in front of the poster," Tukai was like, "are you serious!?!?" YES!
This was the take two of the long arm shot. I let her do it, cause I tend to cut of the other person's head when I try!! I like this shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment