Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I LOVE LETTERS!!!

Just got a letter from down-under!!! Thank You Niru, you made my day!!!

Absolutely loved it. You transported me for a second there to the banks of the river Yarra you were sitting by in the first bit. There’s something about water, I haven’t quite figured it out yet, but there’s something about it that makes it such a peaceful presence. Just like there is with wind. I like to think that the wind is God’s voice. So powerful yet so gentle. I like standing outside sometimes on a windy day and looking up at the sky and saying, “I love you” and then I imagine God saying it back to me when he makes the wind blow…

“I love you too. I always have and I always will.”

Anyway, did I mention I got a letter from my Niru? Ah yes I did. Absent minded me.

Niru is my daughter. He he he. We had quite a complicated “family tree” going back in the dorm, back in the day. Goodness, I can’t believe I just said that, “back in the day.”

So Niru was my daughter and I was her mother although sometimes she really suited the role of mother much better. What with the lectures and the orders and the wisdom!! ;) You see, it started of like this…

I used to brush out her crazy curls and try and make her not wear black tomboyish clothes all the time (although now she asks me, “Have you changed your dressing style much??”) and thus I became her mother.

Don’t worry about it if you don’t understand.

Niru was my first room-mate five years ago when I joined Hebby and I won’t say we were “stuck-together-friends-forever” kind of friends since then but I think we got closer as the years went by. And I think we also got crazier as the years went by!

Seriously by the end of our schooling career, we were absolute “nutters”! We used to lie out on the road in front of our dorm and watch the clouds or the stars and laugh our heads off for no reason at all.

I miss you Daughter! I miss our long talks and our long walks with Smeegs and Ajay! I miss your good-night hugs and your ice tea!! I miss having to fight you for Nofia. (talking of whom, I MISS NOFIA, my little black, beautiful stuffed doggy is sitting on top of my desk in Bangalore!!) I miss star gazing with you. I miss trekking and setting up camp with you. I miss having you and Meg fighting and then hearing Meg yelling “TINA!!! Get your daughter off me!!!” or you yelling “Ahhhhh, MAMMA!!” LOL

Oh man, getting teary again… When I see you again we have to spend a solid hour laughing and crying all at the same time about the “old days!”

Someday we gotta take that trip to Africa together.

I LURVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!
Later my aussie-fashion-chick!

P.S I promise to send you a letter soon, when I find a nice spot to write from… That might be a little hard, but I shall find it.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey tina...i hope you find that special spot where you feel you can write the letter to "your daughter"!!..i don't think i ever completely understood that family tree of yours!!...i hope you're doing ok...God's plan is perfect...so know that you're going to be cradled in His hands.
Love and prayers....anna...