Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Mum's apprentice

Ma's the word...

My mother is the best seamstress I know. When I was young she used to stitch practically all of my clothes for me. I used to love them and I also remember always sitting downstairs with my mum and her customers and watching her taking measurements, drawing designs and then examining the material... I was very fascinated by it. And I've always wanted to learn, so I've been playing Ma's apprentice for the past two days! And after a lot of stitching, undoing, re-stitching and calling myself an idiot several times, cause I kept getting it wrong, I finally made myself a little top to get me through the heat.

Still have a long way to go though, before I become master seamstress myself!!! ;) Someday, hopefully I'll be able to stitch clothes for my own kids.

No comments: